Position Summary and Responsibilities
This position in Teledyne Hanson’s Analytical Research Center is primarily responsible for testing of pharmaceutical raw materials, finished products, stability samples, and validation samples using analytical methods and wet chemistry techniques. For further data on our lab in Chestnut Ridge, NY, download the Analytical Research Center brochure.
- Perform routine chemical and physical analysis on the full range of pharmaceutical samples in accordance with USP, EP, BP, in-house methods, and customer’s methods.
- Help in validation of analytical methods per FDA, ICH and other regulatory agencies.
- Independently operate analytical instruments such as HPLC, GC, UV, dissolution apparatus, diffusion cell testing systems, pH meter, densitometer, auto titrators, and so on.
- Record and report all lab data as per approved procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in the laboratory
- Develop and foster an environment that values troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis expertise.
- Ensure all work is performed and documented in accordance with existing company policies, procedures, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and health and safety requirements.
- Place orders for reagent, chemicals and lab consumable supplies and maintain inventory.
- Prepare and maintain inventory of samples received into the ARC lab.
- Perform any other task/duties as assigned by company management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent; and minimum of 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical product analysis.
- Strong knowledge in chromatographic techniques (HPLC, GC, and TLC), dissolution testing, diffusion testing, spectroscopic (UV-VIS, FTIR), pH, viscosity and moisture determination.
- Good working knowledge of pharmaceutical regulatory agency’s requirements and wet chemistry techniques using USP, BP, EP monographs
- Analytical laboratory data recording skills is essential.
- Excellent team player, good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com or call (855)479-1480. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.