ANALYTICAL RESEARCH SERVICES
Teledyne Hanson’s Analytical Research Center (ARC) provides analytical lab services in support of pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and cosmeceutical research and development, manufacturing, quality control, and regulatory compliance. The ARC, located in Chestnut Ridge, New York, leverages Hanson’s decades of experience and innovation in the fields of dissolution, diffusion, and disintegration testing. Hanson Research, founded in 1951, is the innovator of the Model A cell shown in USP <1724> and the joint developer, along with the U.S. FDA and USP, of modern-day six-vessel dissolution testing instruments.
In additional to testing and certification of ingredients and products, our chemists are able to quickly develop, validate, and transfer a broad range of analytical methods for time-sensitive projects to help ensure your products are rapidly approved for release into the market. Our NY facility also acts as a Demonstration and Training Center (DTC) for Teledyne Hanson analytical testing instruments.
RELEASE RATE TESTING
Teledyne Hanson offers a range of release-rate testing services for product research and development, quality control, batch release and stability.
- Pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and OTC products
- Dissolution testing of solid dosage forms
- Diffusion testing of semisolid formulations
- Transdermals, suppositories, suspensions
- Liquid products, oral solutions, injectables
- Medical devices and implants
Teledyne Hanson’s lab develops and validates any and all methods based on ICH and FDA guidelines for testing of pharmaceutical products, development of good manufacturing procedures, and other applications.
- Dissolution methods for solid dosage forms
- Immediate release, extended release, long-lasting implants
- Diffusion test methods for semisolid formulations
- Topicals and transdermals; creams, gels, ointments, lotions, liquids, patches
- IVRT (in-vitro release test) for SUPAC-SS submissions
- IVPT (in-vitro permeation testing) methods
- Compendial testing, development of methods conforming to USP/NF, BP, EP, JP and other harmonized systems
- OOS (out-of-specification) results investigations
- Cleaning procedures for pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment including program design, validation, and continuous verification
Teledyne Hanson’s Analytical Research Center is focused on rapid turnaround times for price quotes and delivery of projects where time-to-market is a crucial concern. Along with maintaining a high level of technical expertise and quality-assurance, our extensive experience in testing and analysis makes us the reliable choice for key stages of the product development process.
- IR spectroscopy
- UV-Vis spectroscopy
TABLET PHYSICAL TESTING
Aside from assessing the dissolution properties of solid dosage forms, the ARC lab can also assist in developing and verifying the physical properties of finished forms such as tablets.
- Tablet hardness
- Tablet friability
- Manually recorded disintegration testing
- Fully automated disintegration testing
DEMONSTRATION AND TRAINING CENTER
Teledyne Hanson’s lab is equipped with the Vision® series of precision testing instruments known for consistency of results and the ability to handle the most sophisticated and challenging analytical testing methods. Teledyne Hanson’s Vision testers, autosamplers, and related accessories are used by scientists in more than 75 countries worldwide for pharmaceutical product research and development, manufacturing and quality control. Customers seeking support for Teledyne Hanson Research (THR) instruments and applications can receive demonstrations, training, and consultation directly from highly experienced Hanson personnel.
- Pre-sales instrument capabilities demonstrations
- Assessment of system suitability for intended methods
- Evaluation of cost/throughput using THR instruments
- Onsite and offsite training
- Troubleshooting of analytical methods using THR instruments
- Training on release rate testing per USP guidelines
- Method development and instrument programming
- Instrument installation, operation, calibration, and performance qualification
- Routine preventive maintenance.
VISIT THE ANALYTICAL RESEARCH CENTER
Teledyne Hanson’s Analytical Research Center is located in Chestnut Ridge, NY, about 30 miles north of Manhattan. The laboratory is open to visitors interested in ARC services and/or Teledyne Hanson’s complete line of precision testing instruments.
Teledyne Hanson Analytical Research Center
700 Chestnut Ridge Road
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977-6499