6-Cell Manual Diffusion
The 6-cell diffusion testing system, designed for manual sampling, provides drug release-rate results for researchers and formulators in the pharmaceutical industry working with creams, gels, and ointments intended to be applied to the skin. Vertical diffusion cells can also be used in the release-rate evaluation of opthalmics, cosmetics, skin care products and pesticides. Manual diffusion systems typically contain six vertical diffusion cells with a cell drive, speed control, media replace beaker, circulating bath, and manual sampling syringe. The vertical diffusion cell assembly is a glass device with ports for sampling, media replacement, and waterbath circulation. The top contains a donor area where the dosage wafer is placed under a glass disk. The membrane is located under the wafer and above the receptor solution contained in the center of the main portion of the vertical diffusion cell. A helix shaped mixer and magnetic stirrer keep the receptor solution well mixed. A water jacket surrounds the receptor solution area to maintain the required temperature. The Hanson 6-Cell Manual Diffusion Test System is a startup vertical diffusion cell test system ideal for manual use and sampling. The system includes a 6-Cell Drive System, 6 Hanson Vertical Diffusion Cells (VDCs), a Jacketed Beaker for media replacement, and a Supply Kit that includes a manual sampling syringe and and other parts to help run a test and manually sample. The 6-Cell Manual Diffusion Test System is adaptable for later addition of the Vision Microette autosampler.
The Hanson Vertical Diffusion Cell (VDC)
The Hanson Vertical Diffusion Cell (VDC) is an ideal tool for the study, development, and quality control of topical preparations. Made of inert borosilicate glass, the VDC is designed for accuracy and ease of use with over thirty years of rigorous industry, university, and regulatory application and collaboration. Hanson VDCs are compatible with a number of membrane types including synthetic, animal skin, cadaver skin, and Strat-M® membranes. Hanson VDCs include individualized serial numbers and are readily available in three convenient sizes.
Vertical Diffusion Cell Features
- Ideal for topical and transdermal drug delivery formulations, opthalmics, cosmetics, skin care products, and pesticides
- “Occluded” design seals the donor from air to minimize any back-diffusion from sampling
- Water jacket covers entire receptor chamber for temperature consistency
- Bubble Trap catches bubbles before they enter VDC and affect the diffusion rate
- Circulator ports provide connections to ensure cell-to-cell temperature uniformity
- Shorter sampling port reduces dead volume
- Clamp Assembly holds the cell top in place while providing even cell-top pressure
- Purchase of a Hanson VDC includes Standard Cell Top and Clamp Assembly
- Automated sampling capability with the Vision® Microette™ diffusion test system
- USP <1724> compliant
Vertical Diffusion Cell Colors & Sizes
Hanson Vertical Diffusion Cells are available in the three standard sizes below in amber or clear glass, or in custom sizes upon request.
The 7 mL “Standard” VDC is recommended by the US FDA for topicals.
Novel dosage forms are being researched everyday throughout various scientific industries. Hanson Research’s team of development engineers can design special cells and cell tops to accommodate custom applications such as in-situ fiber optics, non-viscous dosage forms, permeation through fingernails and toenails, iontophoresis and much more. Hanson can support your unique application.