Automatic Media Preparation
In addition to requiring precise control of dissolution media temperatures, the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Guidance for Industry state that, if dissolved gases in dissolution medium affect the dissolution results of products then the medium must be degassed. Media preparation is typically a time-consuming and labor-intensive task in the dissolution laboratory. Heating and dissolution media preparation required temperature, deaeration (removal of dissolved gases), and precise volumetric dispensing into flasks requires diligence, patience and care. Automated methods can streamline these tasks while freeing the chemist for more productive analytical work. Automation carries the added benefit of providing instrument validation while eliminating human error. The Hanson Media-Mate Plus system was designed and engineered specifically to meet these requirements. A large pre-heat tank controls media temperature, while its exclusive deaeration-dispense assembly removes dissolved gases and accurately dispenses precise adjusted media volumes into groups of 6 or 7 dissolution flasks simultaneously – all in less than five minutes. The Media-Mate Plus uses a self-tuning PID controller and a Teflon heater to heat the media. Media is moved by low pressure or vacuum and directed by a two-position, multi-channel pinch valve. The media is deaerated by a thin film vacuum process. The media volume is accurately measured by a user-set incremental measuring system. The system may be easily moved throughout the laboratory, servicing several dissolution baths. The Media-Mate Plus is the perfect media-prep system for a busy dissolution lab that demands both speed and accuracy. Built on a unique ergonomic cart, the Media-Mate Plus offers maximum portability for easy servicing of many dissolution test stations.
Automatic Media Preparation
The Media-Mate Plus exceeds USP / US FDA recommended media deaeration specifications making it one of the most effective tools in ensuring successful Performance Verification Tests (PVT). By significantly reducing dissolved oxygen levels and dispensing media simultaneously into 6 or 7 vessels, the Media-Mate Plus eliminates the variable caused by Prednisone tablets that are highly sensitive to dissolved oxygen levels, thus facilitating successful passage of PVT tests.
- Preheats, filters, deaerates, and volumetrically dispenses media in less than 5 minutes
- Delivers media to 6 or 7 vessels simultaneously
- Easy adjustments for precise volumetric dispensing with ±1% accuracy
- Mobile, ergonomic cart for easy use around the lab
- Convenient retractable power cord
- Measuring vessels made with corrosion-resistant parts
- Compatible with nearly all dissolution testers
- Interchangeable pre-heat tanks (10-40 L) can be conveniently dedicated to different media and buffers
- USP <711> and <1092> compliant
- Full compliance to USP Toolkit (dissolved oxygen below 6 ppm)
- The most important tool for ensuring successful PVT tests