Presented Wednesday, March 3, 2021 with three sessions. Register below for the time that suits your location.
The ability to extract active pharmaceutical ingredients rapidly and consistently from solid dosage forms is critical to drug R&D, manufacturing, and quality control facilities. Traditional extraction methods based on mortar-and-pestle, volumetric flasks, and sonication devices have certain limitations due to instrument or operator variability (or both), which contribute to out-of-specification results and subsequent costly investigations. In this one-hour presentation and interactive Q&A session, the latest techniques for sample extraction are explained by pharmaceutical process automation experts.
- Dr. Richard Ladd, senior leader, owner and director of Richard Ladd Consultancy and Laddavis Scientific, with 30+ years working for AztraZeneca and 8 years for Waters Corporation, provides an overview of the most important sample preparation challenges faced in the pharmaceutical industry, and the latest techniques for improved extractions designed to reduce the errors associated with out-of-specification (OOS) results.
- Dr. Hugh Malkin, founder and CEO of the Cambridge Scientific Innovations Ltd. Group of Companies, and the developer of the XTRX500 Sample Preparation Extractor, describes the ability of high-speed crushing and pulsed-jet mixing to produce faster and more consistent and complete extractions of API from solid dosage forms for bulk assay, content uniformity and other applications.
- Pros and cons of traditional sample preparation techniques
- Top five opportunities for sample extraction process improvement
- Eliminating the variability due to human error and cleaning/carryover
- Underlying design and key features of the XTRX500 sample preparation extractor
From this webinar attendees will gain stronger insight into the factors affecting the speed and quality of sample extractions and how to overcome the most commonly encountered challenges using faster and more consistent automated methods.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021. Register (free) for the time that suits your location.
A video recording of the webinar is now available. Click here to watch.
The Teledyne Hanson XTRX500 Sample Preparation Extractor provides lightning fast extraction of API from solid dosage forms. The rapid and reproducible extraction process of the XTRX500 is made possible by its powerful crushing mechanism combined with forced-jet mixing, single-use pouches, and a programmable interface.