Presented Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. CET (Central European Time) and Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. CET.
Register below to select the date and time that you prefer.
Transdermal drug delivery is very challenging, and numerous strategies have been developed to overcome the skin barrier. This webinar will demonstrate the importance of the formulation on skin delivery, with a strong focus on solubilizers and permeation/penetration enhancers. We will describe the use of Franz cells in a diffusion testing system to assess the formulations with detailed information on the test methods.
Topics of discussion
- Skin barrier and strategies for enhancing drug permeation
- Role of excipients in solubilization, permeation, and skin penetration
- Franz cells diffusion apparatus
- Selecting appropriate membranes: synthetic, animal, or human
- Developing reliable and robust protocols for IVRT or IVPT
- Case studies with model drugs
- Dr. Ashvin Patel, Director of Analytical Research & Business Development, Teledyne Hanson
- Elise Dauphin-Chanard, Application Lab Manager, Gattefossé
- Bruna Lousada, European Sales & Marketing Manager, Teledyne Hanson
Gattefossé, headquartered in Lyon, France, is a leading provider of specialty ingredients and formulation solutions for the beauty and health care industries worldwide. Gattefosse is deeply commitment to sustainability, innovation, and service. Gattefosse specializes in lipid chemistry and plant extraction, creating effective natural actives and functional lipid excipients, with emphasis on quality and reliability of ingredients while providing customers with the support and resources they need.