Hanson Research Corporation (“HRC”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The data controller is Hanson Research Corporation of 9810 Variel Avenue, Chatsworth, CA 91311, USA.
INFORMATION HRC MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
HRC may collect and process the following data about you from various sources:
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access on our site.
- Information that you provide by submitting information to HRC or by filling in forms on HRC’s site www.hansonresearch.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. HRC may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, HRC may keep a record of that correspondence.
- HRC may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
HRC may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, HRC may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our site.
WHERE HRC STORES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored securely at HRC. Any payment transactions completed over the internet will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
HRC uses information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
HRC may also share the information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform certain services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
HRC may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you with information about other goods and services provided by HRC.
If you are a new or prospective customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want HRC to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
HRC may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, including any partners and existing or future subsidiaries.
HRC may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If HRC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to access information held about you. If you are located in the EEA you will have a right of access, rectification, blocking, or deletion or to object to the processing of your personal data. This can be exercised by contacting us at the details below. The right to access personal data may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.